Beli Izvor Cement Plant
- Commissioned in 1960
- Purchased by Holcim Ltd. in 1997
- Investment (1997 - to date): ca. €108 million
- 1- kiln operation
- Year 2005/06: 18-month upgrade project to increase production capacity from 1400 to 2500 tpd clinker
- 2007/08: Further capacity boost to 3300 tpd clinker.
Aggregate operations in Sofia and Plovdiv
- 7 sand and gravel pits (4 in Sofia, 2 in Plovdiv and 1 in Pazardjik)
- 3 quarries (1 in Sofia, 2 in Plovdiv)
- 4 legal entities - Holcim Karierni materiali AD - Sofia, Holcim Karierni materiali Plovdiv AD, Holcim Karierni materiali Rudinata AD and Vris OOD
- 36% participation in Balsha quarry (1,5 m tons sold in Sofia)
RMX operations in Sofia and Plovdiv
- Holcim (Bulgaria) AD operates three RMX plants, one on the outskirts of Sofia and two other on the outskirts of Plovdiv. Our plants are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and offer a wide range of concrete mixes. We can manage even the most sophisticated projects demanding large quantities of concrete in short time.
Geocycle Bulgaria EOOD
- Wholly-owned subsidiary of Holcim (Bulgaria) AD
- Founded in 2005 under the name of Ecorec Bulgaria EOOD. Renamed to Geocycle Bulgaria in December 2015.
- Specialized in collection, transportation and pre-treatment of waste to be used as alternative fuel in the cement kiln
- Operates four pre-treatment installations on site of the cement plant in Beli Izvor - for used tyres, animal meal and SRF (derived from sorted municipal solid waste and industrial sources).
- Website: www.geocycle.bg